We offer very competitive prices for scrap cars

HIGHLY COMPETITIVE PRICES FOR SCRAP CARS

How to get rid of scrap cars

It is a legal requirement that any car you want to get rid of must go to an authorised treatment facility.

Scrapping your car with us is easy and hassle-free.

Hamptons is a registered scrap car disposal company providing FREE collection services from all areas within Staffordshire, Cheshire and Shropshire.

We accept any makes and models including MOT failures, old cars, end-of-life vehicles (ELVs), non-runners & scrap cars. And will arrange all the paperwork and notify the DVLA on your behalf. We will also issue you with a legally binding certificate of destruction.

Why use us?

  • We offer the best prices
  • Our service is quick, safe and hassle-free
  • We provide FREE collection of your scrap car
  • We process and provide official paperwork for you
  • We are a government-approved, legally operating Authorised Treatment Facility
  • We provide an environmentally friendly way of disposing of your scrap car

    More about us

Some scrap cars facts

  • You can be fined £1,000 if the DVLA is not correctly informed about your car being scrapped.
  • Recycled steel can make up as much as 25% of a new car.
  • As of 2015, EU directives state that at 85% of an end of life vehicle by average weight must be re-used or recycled and 95% must be re-used or recovered.
  • Of the approx. 5.3 million ELVs documented in the EU in 2017, just under 1.4 million were recorded in the UK.
  • Based on the latest figures, the only country in Europe other than the UK to record more than 1 million ELVs was France.
  • In the region of 390,000 cars are written off each year. Some of these legally have to be destroyed entirely for safety reasons, but others can provide a wealth of salvageable used parts.
  • In 2017, the UK recovered and re-used 94.1% of the waste generated by end of life vehicles.
  • Up to 75% of your scrap car is made of steel, with the remaining 25% covering all of the oils and fluids, plastics, rubber tyres and other materials.
  • Once any re-usable parts have been stripped from the vehicle and all hazardous substances have been removed, cars are generally crushed before then being shredded and the subsequent bits sorted by material.
  • There are over 1,600 authorised treatment facilities in the UK.

PLEASE NOTE
Please don’t forget to bring the below documents, as by law, we are no longer permitted to pay cash for scrap cars and now require photo ID as well as proof of your address.

  • Photo card driving licence
    OR
  • Photograph ID (e.g. passport) accompanied by proof of address (utility bill or bank statement) which is no older than three months

However, we guarantee prompt payment and competitive prices for your scrap vehicle.

Call us today on 01782 614 456 for an instant quote!