Wide range of used truck parts
- …experienced in breaking and dismantling trucks.
- …very knowledgeable about most makes and models.
- …skilled at finding the right, quality spare part for you.
We can source a wide variety of used truck parts for you
- Brake parts
- Cab parts
- Core parts
- Cranes and attachments
- DPFs and exhausts
- Electrical parts
- Engines and engine parts
- Flywheels and bellhousings
- Fuel tanks
- Injectors and fuel pumps
- Municipal truck spares
- Plant spares
- Refrigeration parts
- Springs and propshafts
- Starters and alternators
- Trailers and parts
- Van and pick-up parts
We will do our utmost to source any spare part for you and dispatch your second-hand replacement without delay.
For more information about our current stock of truck spares, don’t hesitate to give us a call on 01782 614 456 or drop by our breaker’s yard if you’re in the area.
Did you know...
- …an articulated truck’s alternator has an output twice that of passenger cars and light trucks? Used to recharge the truck’s battery, these alternators can output 140 A.
- …trucks can have a wide range of axle configurations? In the UK examples include 4×2 and 6×2, both of which can apply to rigid trucks or tractor units designed to pull trailers.
- …the air used in a truck’s air brake system is compressed to a pressure ranging between 100 and 120 psi?
- …you are much less likely to find a cabover truck in the US? They prefer, and more importantly have the space on the roads to accommodate, big rigs with bonneted truck cabs.
- …Hiab style cranes are often split into light medium and heavy lifting categories? This capacity is often given in tonne metres (tm) and is given by multiplying the length of the crane arm (boom) by the tonnage the crane can lift.
- …a lot of truck engines can cover more than 750,000 miles in a lifetime? Some can even top 1 million. And with average annual mileages in the 45,000-mile range, that means one engine can keep on trucking for between an average of 15 and 16 years.
- …trucks generally feature at least 2 fuel tanks positioned with 1 on either side? This is partially as a result of needing to balance out the high quantities of fuel they need.
- …truck gearboxes can range in size from 8 to 18 gears? And, as with cars, are available in manuals and automatics.
- …turbochargers were first used in truck engines back in the 1950s? This was actually also the first time they were used on road vehicles, having previously been used in ships, locomotives and stationary machinery.
- …some truck tyres can be retreaded? This gives the tyre a new lease of life and ups their average mileage. A good-quality retreadable tyre could potentially even see up to 400,000 miles before needing to be fully replaced.
If you like these facts, you might also enjoy our export, import and trucking facts